Panama has modern amenities and luxuries similar to Costa Rica but is a bit more untouched than Costa Rica. With a rainforest full of wildlife, clouded mountains, & a relatively large coastline Panama has it all with perfect temperatures year around ranging from 75-95 degrees. Enjoy the culture with dances like the “Gran Diablo” & “La Pajarilla” in tradition pollera dresses.
Best Panama wedding venues :
- Valle Escondido – “This spectacular 125-acre valley is a paradise that is simply perfect for a destination event. There is a grassy knoll here in the hidden valley or in our private Capilla (Chapel) for ceremony options. The largest room is the Quebrada Ballroom, which at 168 square meters, can accommodate 250 – 400 for a sit-down banquet or theater style. We also have the Bamboo Room, at 89 square meters which can accommodate 75 people for a banquet or 100 people theater style. The Sabor Escondido can hold 110 people banquet style; and finally our outdoor ampi-theater which at 651 square meters can hold 750 people.”
- Riu Plaza – “Located in the heart of the financial district of Panama City , close to banks, shops and malls, the Riu Plaza Panama Hotel is ideal to enjoy its attractions Panama City. The Hotel Riu Plaza Panama has 644 rooms and 23 conference rooms with capacity for up to 1600 people.”
- Westin Playa Bonita – “Located right on the water with 20 multi-purpose meeting spaces—spanning 65,000 square feet—we are equipped to host groups of all sizes, and our professional events team is always on hand to cater to your needs. Let ocean views inspire your attendees in our Seascape Ballroom, or step outside to the Westin Plaza for cocktails and watch ships enter the canal. Our Clutter-Free Meetings and wholesome SuperFoodsRx™ options will keep your guests focused and alert, while themed dinners delight their taste buds. No matter what technology you need to bring your presentation to life, a dedicated audiovisual team is by your side to ensure a flawless event.”
- Melia Panama Canal – “Located on the shores of Lake Gatún surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation, in the city of Colón (Panama), and a short distance from the Free Trade Zone, the Gatún locks, la Granja, the ruins of San Lorenzo and the beaches, the Meliá Panamá Canal is the best option for discovering Panamá, thanks to its beautiful natural surroundings, its comfortable and complete facilities and the quality of its services with a 1,800 m2 Convention Centre with 2 rooms that can be made into one room and an additional 1,200 m2 with 3 rooms in the Santa Maria building.”
- Gamboa Rainforest Resort – “Encircled by the spectacular Soberania National Park Rainforest, and bordered by the Chagres River and Panama Canal, Gamboa Rainforest Resort is an extraordinarily romantic setting for weddings, receptions or other special events. Our wedding coordinators look forward to helping you plan an unforgettable day, with an impressive selection of catering options, venues, decorating styles, and all the details that will ensure the celebration of your dreams.”
- Tantalo Hotel – Tantalo offers 12 personalized rooms designed by artists but it also maintains a “boho-chic” style throughout the entire decor. The restaurant is well known for having amazing food and signature cocktails. With a rooftop bar and lounge you will be able to host a wedding with a great view.
- Veneto Hotel – The hotel has more than 10,000 square feet of customizable floor space with acoustic room dividers as well as professional event planning and catering services on hand. They pride themselves on their customer service and extensive food and beverage options.
Things to do in Panama :
- Panama Canal (Panama City) – Of course! If you’re going to Panama visiting the monumental canal is a must!
- The Old City (Panama City) – The old city is an area full of historic buildings and rustic scenes. Many will advise to visit the area only at night though being cautious of the two dangerous neighborhoods nearby but it’s still worth checking out!
- Gatun Lake (Panama City) – Take a boat ride out on the lake for a beautiful sunset view.
- Interoceanic Canal Museum (Panama City) – Learn more about the most influential canal in the world, received a traveler’s choice award by Trip Advisor.
- Volcan Baru National Park (Boquete) – A tour guide is advised when exploring the expansive national park. Hike or take a jeep in to check out the view of both oceans.
- Lost Waterfalls (Boquete) – Take a 1/2 hike to the falls through the rainforest full of beautiful florals and wildlife.
- Quetzales Trail (Boquete) – Take a one way trip to or from Cerro Punta. The hike is moderate that will likely take you the entire day, so start early!
- Dolphin Bay Preserve (Bocas Town) – Take a boat out to the bay to see dolphins!
- Parque Nacional Marino Isla Bastimentos (Bocas Town) – Take a boat out to this quaint island to see a different side of Panama complete with great snorkeling, beautiful beaches, and nature reserve.
- Playa Estrella (Bocas del Toro) – Considered one of the top ten best beaches in Central America according to Trip Advisor.