26 of Houston’s Best wedding venues
Caroline is originally from Houston, TX and has shot at many of the wedding venues in the Houston area. We have comprised a more detailed list some of our favorite and, what we think are, the best Houston wedding venues based on the light, variety of photos, and uniqueness. You can also find a list of the best Austin wedding venues.
1 –La Colombe D’or – This boutique hotel is better suited for small weddings around 150 guest but is a great option for those looking for an intimate affair. It is centrally located near the corner of Montrose & Westheimer. Hermann park is close by which offers some outdoor locations for portraits if you want some variety.
2 – The Houstonian
– This is one of the most popular wedding venues in Houston. Located on an 18-acre wooded oasis in the heart of Houston. The luxury hotel is known for elegance, exceptional service, and beautiful landscape surroundings. The Houstonian’s unique ambience makes an ideal environment for weddings and celebration events. One of the Houstonian Hotel’s most unsurpassed feature is its large variety of options and capability to accommodate each type of bride. The magnificent wooded backdrop allows for a tranquil experience through an outdoor event while the ballrooms, enriched with dark wood molding, vibrant carpet, and detailed wall coverings, create an elegant indoor celebration. They have 4 ballrooms that can’t hose weddings with up to 400 guest.
3 – Heights Theatre
– With its grand velvet drape, hanging chandeliers, and classic atmosphere, The Heights is a alternative space for weddings ceremonies. The basic hall can be rented on weekends between 12noon – 3:30pm. Due to space limitations they do not host wedding receptions anymore.
4 – The Grove
– Besides being a great downtown restaurant to eat, it is also a wonderful location for a wedding. For smaller weddings, there is space on site to host your ceremony and offers space for small receptions and large ones up to 240 guest. The Grove is located right next door to Discovery Green which offers some great backdrops for your bridal party and or family photos all within a short walk. The upstairs deck overlooks the Houston skyline and makes for a modern outdoor option for a wedding ceremony.
5 – Lakeside Country Club
– This is a great location to host both your wedding ceremony & reception, offering a turn-key solution. With plenty of beautiful outdoor locations for portraits, and a beautiful space for your reception this is a great option if you are looking to have your wedding on the westside of Houston. Capacity up to 300 people.
6 – Houston Junior League
– This historic building offers a unique backdrop for your Houston wedding. You can rent part or all of the building depending on your needs and size of wedding offering some flexibility in price and size. It is Located near the Galleria just inside loop 610, close to many popular churches. The ballroom offers a large stage great for a large band or even an indoor ceremony location. Can easily accommodate 200 people or more.
7 – Hotel Zaza
– With two ballrooms, great downtown location, beautiful lobby, and room for a ceremony location, it has it all! Great for a modern wedding with a touch of class. The smaller ballrooms hold up to 150 guest while the large Phantom Ballroom can accommodate up to 600 guest. So wether your wedding is a small intimate affair or a large extravagant event, Hotel Zaza has something just for you.
8 – Hotel Sorella
– Located off I-10 just inside the loop, this modern hotel offers something a little different with it’s black chandeliers and edgy architecture. There are a lot of unique backdrops for your wedding portraits but you will have to have the ceremony off-site because they only offer reception space.
9 – Waterway Marriott
– This Marriott hotel is located in the heart of the Woodlands right next to many restaurants and shops and just 30 minutes from downtown Houston. It has many ballrooms of all shapes and sizes.
10 – Royal Oaks Country Club
– This country club is located right outside of Beltway 8 and has a Tuscan inspired design with views of the golf course and waterfalls from the ballroom. There are a variety of ballrooms available for small luncheons or large events.
11 – Las Velas
– The best wedding venue in Houston if you want to give your wedding guests the feel of being inside a Tuscan villa. Last Velas has a more intimate feel with arches and a grand staircase for the perfect entrance. The second floor balcony also gives a great overview of the whole reception.
12 – Chateau Cocomar
– This Houston wedding venue is not your typical venue. It is a luxurious mansion with ceremony and reception options indoors and outdoors. There is also a large garden area perfect for bride and groom portraits. This is also a great location to shoot bridal portraits.
13 – The Parador
– The parador has a charming Tuscan feel with a beautiful outdoor garden perfect for ceremonies. The indoor reception area is complete with arched windows that bring in beautiful natural light during the day.
14 – Sam Houston Hotel
– Also known as ‘the Sam’, this Houston hotel is located in the heart of downtown Houston. The downstairs bar is modern and often used as the cocktail area so the ceremony area can be flipped to the reception. The terrace brings the outdoors inside so you never have to worry about the weather.
15 –The Four Seasons
– The Four Seasons is another downtown houston hotel with a variety of ballroom options all complete with gorgeous chandeliers.
16 – The Crystal Ballroom
– The Crystal Ballroom is located on Rice Campus assuring that there are many great locations for photos. The windows are big, the ceiling is high, and complete with many chandeliers giving the venue a grand feeling.
17 – Omni Hotel
– The Omni is located in the Galleria area and is the prime location for a wedding. It is also a great spot for large weddings up to 600 people.
18 – The Corinthian
– Located in the historic district of Houston, the Corinthian offers a unique setting for a wedding ceremony and reception. Complete with columns that line the entire room and guide your eyes to the second floor.
19 – Bell Tower on 34th
– The Bell Tower on 34th offers quaint courtyards, a garden area, beautiful arched backdrops, and a scenic ceremony/reception hall. This venue has it all while still maintaining the capability to host large events.
20 – River Oaks Country Club
– Just driving up to the country club is an experience alone, full of lights, it leads down a long road directly to the venue. The ballroom hosts many different types of events and is versatile to give different weddings different looks based on design.
21 – The Post Oak Hotel
One of the nicest hotels you’ll visit in Houston. Not only is their food to die for, their management and event coordination team is top notch. They have many ballroom size options including a Grand Ballroom that can accomodate up to 1300 people.
22 – Chateau by the Springs
Formerly known as Chateau polonez, this venue is located in Cypress and was recently purchased by The Springs event venues. The Chateau is modeled after French countryside castles. The grounds are large and perfectly manicured for ceremonies and portraiture.
List of other Houston wedding venues :
Keep Reading >>