Costa Rica Wedding Photography
The variety of Costa Rica is amazing, beaches, tropics, lakes, and a volcano! While the beaches are not among the best in the world, Costa Rica makes up for it with the likelihood of seeing monkeys on the beach with you. Just be careful, they are smart and know how to rummage through your bags for food! Costa Rica now has two international airports now which make it easier to access from the states. Many people speak English and while they have their own currency, the colones, the US dollar is widely accepted here. Costa Rica is perfect for someone looking for somewhere, safe, accessible, but not your typical beach destination.
There are 3 distinct areas to get married. Arenal, which is a little cooler, near the lake and volcano with many hot springs near by. It also has plenty of wildlife but not like you will see in the other 2 areas. Arenal hasn’t caught on as much for weddings so many vendors have to come in from out of town despite the popularity of resorts there. Manuel Antonio has 4 different species of monkeys that you will likely see frequently, it is on the beach so it can get a bit hotter and be very humid. This area mostly seems to host smaller weddings that are in beautiful villas. Tamarindo, the closest location to a major airport (Liberia airport) is also on the beach with many monkeys. With more hotels it is easier to have a larger wedding here.
Wedding venues in Costa Rica :
- Hotel Mountain Paradise (Arenal) – Boutique hotel that has covered terrace and open deck within walking distance. Overlooks the Arenal volcano.
- Villa Caletas (Jaco) – Tropical Victorian mansion, set in the rainforest, high on a cliff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Within the hotel grounds are lush gardens, a private pebble beach, unique pool, a bar and two restaurants. Greek-style mountain side amphitheater for the ceremony. Holds 40-90 people for reception.
- Zephyr Palace (Jaco) – One of the most popular places to get married in Costa Rica. Owned by the same people as Villa Caletas.
- Villa Cascada (Guanacaste) – Can sleep up to 34 people in 16 rooms. Good for small wedding, close walk to beach. All inclusive villas with in house chefs.
- Cala Luna (Tamarindo) – Boutique hotel, perfect for outdoor poolside reception within walking distance to beach.
- Villa Punto de Vista (Manuel Antonio) – Rooftop deck can accommodate over 100 people. Right next door to beach where you can have ceremony.
- Villa Vigio (Manuel Antonio) – Intimate wedding locations that sleeps 8 to 14 people and within walking distance to beach.
- Langosta Beach Club (Tamarindo) – Pool cabana reception location with near one of the best beaches in Tamarindo. Able to accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Hotel Kokoro (Arenal) – Tropical and lush back drop for outdoor ceremony & reception.
- Four Seasons (Guanacaste) – One of the most versatile wedding venues you will find in Costa Rica. From big to small, out door to indoor, beach, garden, or terrace. You have plenty of options!
- Hotel Dirio (Tamarindo) – Garden or beach ceremony with many options for a reception location.
- La Mansion Inn (Manual Antonio) – 22 rooms at a boutique hotel that can host large or small events. With a jungle and beach backdrop monkeys and sloths can end up being wedding crashers.
- Si Como No (Manual Antonio) – Accommodates up to 40 guests for weddings on their canopy, terrace, beach, or garden locations.
- Los Sunos Marriott (Guanacaste) – Like other larger hotels it offers many options. The marina garden can hold up to 400 people. Also, if you’re into golf, this is the place for you.
- The Springs Hotel (Arenal) – Large luxury hotel with many scenic options that can include views of the Arenal volcano. Also where a season of the Bachelor was filmed.
Things to do in Costa Rica :
- Manuel Antonio National Park – One of the best places to see monkeys! As tempting as it is, don’t feed them, the fruit only diet is not good for them.
- Zip-lining – Known as some of the best zip-lining locations in the world, in Arenal you zip-lining right next to waterfalls.
- Rio Celeste – Beautiful blue water river. It’s a nice hike with a waterfall and hot springs along the way. The end shows where the spring water turns into a blue mineral water. Located near Arenal.
- Hot Springs – A must if you are in Arenal, there are a few different parks for this but we think Tabacon is the best.
- La Fortuna Waterfalls – A long staircase down to a beautiful waterfall worth of swimming near. Also in Arenal.
- Fishing – The west coast of Costa Rica is supposed to be one of the best deep sea fishing areas in the world.
Great wedding vendors in Costa Rica :