Dominican Republic is a huge tourist destination spot providing many things to do on the island. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is one of the largest islands in the Caribbean so there are many areas to be explored. Personally, we are huge fans of Cabrera, it is a small town about 1.5 hours from the Santiago airport and about 2.5 from the Santo Domingo airport. We found it easier to get from Santo Domingo airport, despite the longer drive, because of the new I-7 highway which is fast and straightforward. Driving in DR can be difficult so you may find it easier to hire a shuttle for you and your guests. Cabrera is an unspoiled community with little tourism but holds many amazing villas that are perfect for intimate weddings. Samaná is much more touristy but does offer the luxuries of a larger city, more to eat and more to do. It is still an easy day trip from Cabrera. During January through March humpbacks whales go to Dominican waters to have their babies which is an amazing site. Zip-lining is also a fun way to get a view of the forests as well as to learn a little about the local agricultural with Extreme Tours, don’t forget to try the mamajuana (a local drink!). If you’re interested in getting a unique tour of the local scenery on the beach or around the town talk to Abe from Rancho Paraiso, the nicest guy you’ll ever meet, definitely not your typical horseback ride!
Best Dominican Republic wedding venues :
- Flor de Cabrera – Located in the neighborhood of Orchid Bay; with 10 bedrooms as well as new additional rooms being added soon, a short walk to the beach, pool, ping pong, on staff chef and bartender, etc, you may never want to leave!
- Villa Castellamonte –
- La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat –
- Villa Punto de Vista –
- Hard Rock Hotel –
- ClubHotel Riu Bambu –
- Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel –
- Punta Cana Resort & Club –
- Dreams La Romana –
- Melia Caribe Tropical –
- Majestic Elegance –
- Casa de Campo –
Things to do in the Dominican Republic :
- Zona Colonial (Santa Domingo)
- Playa Rincon (Samana)
- Waterfalls of Damajagua (Puerto Plata)
- Whale Watching (Puerto Plata)
- Punta Espada Golf (Punta Cana)
- Cueva de las Maravillas (La Romana)Read More...