Outer Banks, North Carolina Wedding Photography
All the southern charm, right on the beach! The Outer Banks is not like your typical Caribbean beach though, the colors are softer and it can definitely be cooler. This area is best during the summer time but can also be very popular for tourists at this time as well. With many places to rent beach houses it makes finding a place to stay easy.
BEST Outer Banks, NC WEDDING VENUES :
- Sanderling Resort (Duck)
- Inn on Pamilco South (Hatteras Island)
- Croatan Ridge Rental Home (Buxton)
- Elizabethan Gardens (Manteo)
- 318 Griggs Acres (Point Harbor)
- Pavilion at Pirate’s Cove (Manteo)
- Pelican’s Landing (Corolla)
- Hilton – Hawk Peir House (Kitty Hawk)
- Grande Ritz Palm (Duck)
- Duck Woods Country Club (Southern Shores)
- Cypress House Inn (Kill Devil Hills)
Things to do in Outer Banks, NC :
- Jockey’s Ridge State Park – Famous for the being the largest sand dune on the east coast. With spectacular views it is also the perfect place for hang gliding or flying a kite.
- Cape Hatteras Lighthouse – Nation’s tallest lighthouse, first opened in 1803 it still keeps ships safe from a 12-mile sand bar.
- Frisco Beach – Surfing, beaching, relaxing. Not a popular beach means you may find yourself secluded from the rest of civilization.
- Whalehead – Located in Corolla, this museum and former club gives you a glimpse in to the past. It was a structural masterpiece of its’ time considering the area didn’t even have electricity until 1955.
- Island Farm – Join interpreters dressed in period attire as they carry out the daily activities of a Roanoke Island farm in the 1850s. Hands-on activities and demonstrations: Woodworking, cooking, blacksmithing, children’s games and ox-drawn wagon rides are just a few activities offered.
- Wild Horse Tour – Despite what the business name implies, not all tours are done on a wild horse. There is a variety of tour options from the #1 highest rated activity for the Outer Banks on Trip Advisor.